Ecocem is shaping the future of low carbon cement with ambitions to deliver a 50% cut in CO2 emissions from cement by 2030. With manufacturing operations in Ireland, the Netherlands and France, Ecocem is the leading producer of low carbon cements in Europe. It operates to the highest internationally recognised standards for environmental performance, sustainability, quality and health and safety. Ecocem products are award-winning & the company prides itself on providing the highest level of service and standards to our customers.
Ecocem Ireland are currently seeking to recruit a Plant Engineer (Improvement Manager) with a dual reporting line to the Plant Manager and the Group Maintenance Manager. The position is based in Dublin in an existing GGBS grinding plant consisting of a Ball Mill.
The role requires a driven and ambitious plant engineer. You will be responsible for the daily inspections & maintenance of the facility including modifications, production monitoring and optimisation. You will engage with & be supported by technical teams to get the optimum results & performance from the plant and will manage and monitor all improvement projects for the plant. Working closely with the Plant Manager and the Group Maintenance Manager, the Plant Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operational monitoring & improvements of all aspects of the Plant production including maintenance & computer applications for process controls.
The successful candidate will be able to monitor & improve industrial processes to ensure efficiency, reduce costs, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. You will manage and monitor all improvement projects (all except for large-scale CAPEX projects) for the plant and will be the relay for HSE management.
- Put in place as required HSE improvements and regulations and monitor HSE regulatory constraints.
- Assess operations of the Plant and make recommendations for process improvement including Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Develop process control automation and computer applications for process control.
- Prepare reports on the process efficiency and failure investigation tests.
- Perform tests to improve equipment efficiency.
- Help management to maintain the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
- Perform audits and contribute to month-end activity reporting.
- Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
- Ensure that all quality targets are met at each phase of the cement manufacturing process.
- Optimize the performance of the finish grinding systems and system performance through equipment studies and efficiency audits of all major equipment.
- Work with the maintenance manager to schedule regular maintenance activities and major repairs based on production needs, equipment condition and availability.
- Supervise external companies during maintenance stops or breakdowns when required.
- Maintain proper inventories of all spare parts.
- Ensure that all spare parts are kept under proper storage conditions.
- Assist to develop budgets and forecast
- Meet all major KPI’s established and report on them monthly.
- Perform tests on operating plant systems to determine the efficiencies of the equipment.
- Help management in maintaining the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
- Willingness to travel as role will require a small degree of travel between plants.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant related Engineering, or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 5+ years direct experience in a mineral grinding, cement, or similar heavy manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals and proficiency in Microsoft Office, PLC, SAP, TIS and AutoCAD.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety and have experience contributing to a positive, employee-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator with good commercial acumen
- A strong coach mindset with an emphasis on goal achievement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make key judgments with confidence, but also do so quickly and with good reasoning and justification
- Collaborative and values driven leadership style
- Proven leadership and management skills
To apply please send an up to date CV: [email protected]